Director, Research & Development
Location: San Antonio, TX
Scope of the Job:
This position is located in San Antonio, Texas and reports to the Vice President of Research and Development. Your primary responsibility will be to lead the company's efforts developing lateral flow tests based on colloidal gold technology. This position requires industry-related experience with lateral flow tests based on colloidal gold technology and PCR-related experience in the in-vitro diagnostics market.
1. Responsible for all research and development activities.
2. Managing the R&D staff while maintaining ongoing scientific responsibilities.
3. Ability to identify new product opportunities.
4. Collaborating with the executive staff to define priorities.
5. Establishing timetables for project completion.
6. Refining existing product lines based on market/client feedback.
7. Managing the R&D process from concept to commercialization.
1. We seek a professional with 5 - 8 years of industry experience. The Director of Research & Development will lead a team and act as a mentor and player-coach.
2. We seek a professional with a Ph.D. in immunology, microbiology or biochemistry.
3. Candidates must have hands-on expertise in lateral flow technology based on colloidal gold and PCR-related testing.
4. Record of accomplishment documented by publications/patents.
5. Experience in intellectual property and the FDA submittal/approval process.
6. For the best fit you should be a collaborative team player who is engaging and welcomes the opportunity to mentor junior team members.
Send Resume and Cover Letter to:
Phone: 512 327-7277