Director, Business Development
Location: New Jersey, Philadelphia
Scope of the Job:
This home based position located on the East Coast will lead in the implementation of sales strategies and customer plans to achieve global sales objectives for the US Sales team. You will position the company to win a significant proportion of outsourced projects from assigned customers. As Director of Business Development, you will develop and grow your territory as well as build and manage relationships to achieve profitability metrics.
1. You will generate sales from assigned customers to achieve individual and team targets.
2. Increases market penetration that is measured by an increase in new contact meetings, RFP activity, proactive proposal submissions and win rate.
3. You will create new sales opportunities within assigned accounts by researching, analyzing, and monitoring news articles, PR announcements and trends in the biopharmaceutical and medical device industries to generate potential contacts and leads.
4. Provide direction for marketing activities to generate leads and build brand awareness.
5. Aggressively pursues awareness of competitive activities, positioning and pricing, which includes specific reasons for awards and non-awards for assigned customers.
6. You will communicate specific customer needs on specific opportunities by completion of an effective briefing document. Drive specifics to develop 'fit for purpose' solutions working in conjunction with Proposals and Operations.
7. Serve as primary facilitator and owner in customer presentations/meetings and the development of the appropriate teams for such meetings including bid presentations, contract negotiations, etc.
8. Establish a professional working relationship with the support team and other service groups.
9. Openly communicate with internal Project Managers to assess the overall level of customer satisfaction and progress of projects.
10. Ensure sales compliance with routine use of CRM (Salesforce).
11. Represent the company at trade shows and professional conferences as necessary.
12. Maintain an in-depth knowledge of company services.
13. You will provide timely completion of administrative responsibilities including expense management.
1. Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Marketing, Communications, or related discipline.
2. 5 years of direct sales experience within a Contract Research Organization or Technology Services Organization calling into the healthcare industry or Biopharmaceutical marketplace.
3. Experience selling EDC or post-approval technology solutions preferable.
Send Resume and Cover Letter to:
Phone: 512 327-7277