Location: Houston, Texas
Scope of the Job:
The Healthcare Information Services Solutions Group has an exciting career opportunity for an Outcomes Researcher. This position is located at the corporate headquarters located in The Woodlands, Texas; a resort town outside of Houston, Texas. The incumbent will be responsible for study design, analysis, reporting, and presenting pharmacoeconomic and disease management information at the request of internal and external customers. You will provide hematology/oncology clinical analysis expertise to pharmaceutical manufacturers, managed care, internal departments, physicians, and clinical leadership. Additional responsibilities include conducting pharmacoeconomic and outcomes research and developing models for cancer treatment alternatives.
1. You will work closely with customers to identify and refine study concepts.
2. You will write proposals, protocols, and establish effective timelines for delivery of studies.
3. You will research and perform critical and statistical analysis of medical and scientific evidence as the basis for disease management guidelines, Committee actions, and pharmacoeconomic comparisons of cancer therapies and regimens.
4. You will develop pharmacoeconomic models for cancer treatment alternatives for use in pay for performance, case rating, capitation forecasts, and cost of goods sold impact analyses.
5. You will conduct and publish the results of outcomes research.
6. You will design data layout for each study based on required data elements.
7. You will obtain raw data from available data sources, analyze the data to answer questions posed by internal and external customers, and audit the data contents for accuracy and validity.
8. You will format the output of data analysis for customer readiness, including reports, presentations, and manuscripts.
1. Masters degree in Pharmacy, Public Health, Healthcare Economics or related clinical discipline, PharmD or PhD preferred.
2. Outcomes research and pharmacoeconomic training plus two to five years of experience in writing and completing studies.
3. Oncology and Pharmaceutical experience preferred. Advanced experience in data base, SAS, and Excel is helpful.
Send Resume and Cover Letter to:
Phone: 512 327-7277