Senior Product Manager
Location: Mentor, OH
Our client is a global leader in infection prevention, contamination control, surgical and critical care technologies; supporting thousands of customers in more the 60 countries.
Our client, through a series of strategic acquisitions and innovation of new products, holds one of the broadest portfolios of products in the industry. This organization stands at the forefront of efforts to prevent infection and contamination in healthcare and pharmaceutical environments, and is broadening its reach with products to meet the needs of defense and industrial markets.
Scope of the Job:
This position is located at the corporate headquarters located in Mentor, Ohio and reports to the Vice President of Marketing.
The Senior Product Manager will be responsible for the successful global management of certain product lines and will provide product line guidance to other commercial operating groups. General responsibilities include developing strategies and tactical initiatives to fully exploit market potential for the line within the scope of the overall business plan. The incumbent will develop written business plans and forecasts, perform sales and market analysis, gather, interpret and disseminate market data and competitive information, develop sales tools and other communications to the field and customers, engage customers and thought leaders to advance the product line, when appropriate, and manage the array of support resources for the product line to the optimal benefit of the customer and company.
You will be expected to:
Plan and execute successful strategies and supporting tactics to provide optimal comprehensive management of the complete cleaning chemistry product line for the global market.
Insure the product line achieves budgeted sales, profit requirements and associated financial performance metrics.
Provide marketing guidance to the sales organization and other channel.
Develop and maintain close strategic and tactical association with the capital equipment product line to insure synergies between product lines.
Develop and exploit new opportunities for promotion and growth of the product line.
1) Develop and regularly review/revise a written business/marketing plan to optimize market impact consistent with sales and profitability requirements; including the timely execution of current and future plans.
2) Analyze sales, market, price, margin, cost and other critical data and define direct actions needed to achieve optimal performance of the product line.
3) Define and advocate quality improvements designed to reduce costs, improve customer experience and limit regulatory risks.
4) Maintain active and detailed surveillance of the product line and associated markets; including competitive position, pricing, strategies and tactics deployed by competitors, market shares, trends, technologies and other relevant information.
5) Develop sales strategies and communication messages supporting the business plan by providing guidance to the sales team and customers; maintain and manage a regular flow of information to the field supporting the product line.
6) Cooperatively exploit functional resources (Regulatory, Device Testing, R&D, Clinical, Training, Quality, etc.) to grow business, defend competitive moves and exploit market and competitive trends through clearly defined objectives and expected outcomes; take leadership roles, when appropriate, on cross-functional teams intended to advance the product line.
7) Identify product refinements/improvements - for all line components - and exploit such changes through approved processes. Define new product needs and claims enhancement and gain approval for such investment through establish process.
8) Insure product line maintains complete compliance to regulatory standards and requirements; act quickly and professionally on all regulatory issues requiring the involvement of marketing.
9) Maintain appropriate levels of contact and interaction with customers experiencing all degrees of success or failure with the product line; gather information specific to customer experience and integrate into the marketing process.
10) The position will require 15-20% overnight travel and can include travel outside of the United States.
1. We seek a professional with a Bachelors Degree in Business or Science; an MBA is preferred.
2. You should have 5-7 years of experience marketing in the healthcare or medical device industry.
3. Candidates should have a strong understanding of sales, regulatory, quality and manufacturing. Marketing experience should include business and product planning, financial and data analysis and all aspects of commercialization.
4. Candidate should have a successful track-record working in a cross- functional environment with strong communications skills, including presentations and written summaries to the executive level.
5. The ability and desire to move through this job is highly desirable.
Send Resume and Cover Letter to:
Phone: 512 327-7277